Joining ASLA has many benefits.
Being a member is more than just joining a professional organization, it’s belonging to a society that will encourage your career to blossom, expand your network and give you the opportunities to make a difference in the community.
- Participation in Awards & Recognition
- Benefits & Discounts to our Affinity Programs
- Discounts for Annual Meeting & EXPO
- Subscription to Landscape Architecture Magazine
- Member Handbook & Supplier Directory
- Subscription to Local Chapter Newsletter
- Reduced Rates to Events
- Access to ASLA Online
Increase your Network and Participate!
- Become an Executive Board Member
- Join One of Our Committees: Emerging Professionals, Residential, Stewardship
- Interface with Industry Partners (AIA, ASID, AICP, APA, LEED, USGBC, plus more!
Educate and Improve!
- Access to Professional Education Programs
- Licensure Advocacy
- School Participation
There are many opportunities to volunteer with ASLA SD. Some include making a difference as a board member while another might be supporting one of our committees. To help you decide which avenue is the right one for you, please visit the following pages to find out more information.
Want to showcase your work in our Member Project Gallery?
The Member Project Gallery is a great way to showcase your work and gain exposure through the ASLA SD website and through social media outlets. Any local firm that employs an ASLA San Diego Chapter member, in good standing, can submit a project to the member project gallery and have it posted to the website if all the criteria is met. The project you submit must be landscape architecture related and the ASLA member, within the firm, must have played a significant role in the project. Once per quarter one of the member projects will be selected to be a “Featured Project” on the main slider of the homepage. The project will be selected based on the quality of the design, images and description provided.To submit to the gallery please email the following requirements to the webmaster using the button below. If any of the following items are not included or clearly identified, the project will not be posted to the website.A maximum of two projects per firm will be shown in the gallery.
- Name of the project, firm submitting, and member name.
- A thoughtful description of the project, which could include an overview, any challenges or innovations, and credits to other parties involved.
- Provide one to five images which can include photos, drawings, or other relevant graphics.
- Indicate which of the images, if including more than one, should be the primary image for the project.
Want to have your firm listed in the ASLA National Firm Finder Database?
The asla.org firm finder is a searchable database of member firms and linked to on our Find a Landscape Architect page. The information in this database comes from member records at ASLA National. You can update your member profile at this link http://www.asla.org/ISGWeb.aspx?loadURL=edipro. If members need help editing or adding a firm listing to this database, they should email ASLA Member Services at email@example.com